Today, many people choose to make positive changes in their lifestyle such as eating healthy, getting in shape, special treatments like acupuncture etc.
One such periodic change is called a Detox or "Cleanse". For those of you who don't know what Detox means, it is simply a way of cleansing the bad toxins stored in the human body. Detox can be done in many various ways and can include medical detox when ridding the body of harmful drugs. The idea of Detoxing however has many positive benefits and can jumpstart or promote a healthy mind and body. Here are a few non drug-related detox methods available. Remember to always consult with your medical doctor and psychological professional to evaluate the appropriateness of trying any sort of Detox method.
Benefits of Detox
1. Detox keeps your kidneys and colon clean of any toxins that are stored in your body. We all have waste and toxins stored in our organs and having clean organs may boost your lifestyle for the best.
2. Detox is a great way to get rid of any excess waste in our bodies, with a possible side effect being weight loss. In this instance, the goal should be creating a foundation in the body for healthy eating habits in the future. Without a healthy, balanced diet post detox, the positive effects of the detox will not have lasting benefits.
3. Detox also helps promote a better state of mental health. Getting rid of toxins helps us think more clearly, and keeps us more positive and efficient throughout the day.
1. Detox teas are a simple method of detox and are quiet popular these days. A simple and easy idea, the detox tea bag can cleanse your body leaving you free of toxins.
2. There are foot pads that are meant for cleansing your body through the sole of your feet. It is a less common way but is quite efficient because all you have to do is sleep with them. Here is a link to an article about Detox foot pads for more information.
3. Going once every while to a Sauna is a great way to detox. The heat causes your body to sweat out toxins. The Sauna is a great choice for people who have high metal toxicity because it helps get rid of mercury, lead, Arsenic etc.
4. Juicing has become a very popular mode of detox in our culture today. It involves replacing your regular diet with a diet comprised of fruit and vegetable juices. Juice cleanses must be treated with caution due to the possible challenges associated with them. Medical doctors, nutritionists, and psychological professionals should always be consulted before beginning a juice cleanse.
We have many options to choose from for a good detox. What is most important is that whatever method is chosen, it is best done in moderation.
For more information and to get the help you need now, contact applied tx for a free assessment. Give us a call today, 888-583-0002